You should be familiar with Hitfilm Express if you work with video editing. HitFilm Express provides a simple solution for managing your media files. Users can save time and effort with the assistance of this handy video editing program.
Users can apply improved tracking methods to display blaster impact, combine two scenes for believable shotgun effects, make distinctive titles, and add portal designs and lighting effects, ideal for science fiction films.
This HitFilm Express review will provide you with all the information you need to make a well-informed purchasing decision. This article discusses more of Hitfilm express.
What’s HitFilm Express?
HitFilm Express is great visual effects and video editing application for those who want to make movies at home but don’t want to pay for a professional editor.
It employs a streamlined technique of video editing and provides tools to easily create effects similar to those seen in Star Wars or Westworld since it features more than 400 visual effects and presets.
When it comes to the quality of its visual effects, HitFilm Express is in a league of its own, and that’s why I consider it the finest free video editing software for movies that feature VFX. Everything required to produce work of a professional standard is included.
When it falls short of your requirements, you can always tack on more features for a fee. If you want to make movies professionally, HitFilm Express will get you started. For those just getting started with filmmaking or creating their own media, this is a great resource.
Is HitFilm Express any good?
HitFilm Express is remarkable. An open-source video editor that works well on multiple platforms and has all the tools you need to create and edit videos without having to pay extra for those features (although those are definitely welcome should you need them).
The fact that it’s available for no cost doesn’t mean it’s obsolete, either; the developers keep it up to date. Recent enhancements aren’t revolutionary, but they are welcome nonetheless.
You can use the Crop/Pan and Zoom function to slowly zoom in and out of a picture or video. It’s wonderful to have it added to the roster because competitors have had it for years, if not decades. Audio export in the WAV format is also a long-overdue addition.
The Track Select Tool is one of our favorite new features; it lets you select a section of a track and then highlight everything to its left and right. What’s more, depending on where you click, you may pick between the audio and the video.
You may now make everything from a simple rectangle to extremely complicated polygon forms; this newfound freedom promises to make working with shapes a lot of fun.
The Main Features Of HitFilm Express Software (Explained)
Video editing software like Hitfilm Express is all you need to edit like an expert and take your work to the next level. The variety of options available here makes it easy for both beginners and seasoned pros to get the most out of the platform.
Here are the main features offered by HitFilm Express software:
Professional Project Quality
HitFilm Express offers the highest quality formats possible by supporting UHD and allowing customers to preview their work in RAM.
It will handle all of the footage you collect, whether it was shot on a professional camera or a smartphone.
Recorder For Commentators
When you upload a video to HitFilm, you can easily add a voiceover by clicking a button. You may quickly add your recording to a soundtrack with the HitFilm Express, giving you more time to fine-tune the sound design.
Just like you would in a browser, keep moving around between tabs as necessary.
One can edit in one tab while composing in another and then return to the editor without having to launch a separate program.
Adjust the volume, change the song, etc. It will help you become accustomed to the trimmer’s continuous playback, which eliminates lag and simplifies editing.
You can adjust the volume and make last-minute changes with ease.
Advanced Search Logic
You can easily find what you’re looking for with the help of HitFilm Express. All the effects, media, and timelines’ properties may be easily located.
If you’re transitioning from another program, the HitFilm editor’s algorithm will help you identify the relevant keyword links.
HitFilm lets you import files with various audio streams, giving you full control over your process and giving your players a more immersive and enjoyable experience.
Clips added to the timeline can be re-trimmed in HitFilm Express. When you double-click a clip, it will go straight to the editor so you can make any necessary changes.
When you’ve finished making adjustments, the video will automatically be refreshed.
HItFilm Express provides you with the ability to add timeless cinematic effects to your film.
To add a cinematic touch, select from a variety of effects including Day For Night, Three-Strip Color, Film Grain, and more.
Strengths Of HitFilm Video Editor Software
Here are some of the pros of using HitFilm Video Editor software:
• HitFilm Express’ primary advantages are its sophisticated tracking and screen simulation, sky replacement tool, masking and layering tools, 3D models, and futuristic visual effects.
• Viewers can follow the paths of certain items in the videos. Once users have figured out how these items move, they will be able to create new objects with the same path. This function can be used to switch out the interfaces of equipment and gadgets seen in films with a new one that moves in sync with the on-screen action.
• HitFilm Express allows users to alter the background of a scene to make it more dramatic. Tutorials on making sceneries and effects in the style of Westworld feature the sky replacement tool.
• The masking and layering tools in HitFilm Express make it simple to construct scenes with a large number of actors, like the Stormtrooper Army in Star Wars: Rebellion. Quickly and easily make several copies of any actor for use in your production.
• You can animate 3D models with HitFilm Express. A user can make and animate their own AT-AT walker from Star Wars after importing a 3D model of one.
• HUD (heads-up display) from “Iron Man” may be recreated in HitFilm Express with the right lighting and camera angles. What’s more, they can improve upon it by creating their own variation on it. Users can create dazzling sci-fi action sequences by animating guns with the muzzle flash and portal effects.
• It offers so many post-editing and production tools that you won’t need to download and install them anymore.
Weaknesses Of HitFilm Software
Here are some of the cons of HitFilm Express video editing software:
• The ability to operate from virtually any location is a major perk of mobile versions. Unfortunately, Hitfilm Express does not provide this amenity.
The desktop is the primary target of this application. However, the fact that only one computer can utilize Hitfilm at a time is likely to be a dealbreaker for some customers. You must remove it from the current system before installing it on another.
• Hitfilm is the most potent free tool, but many of its most useful features require paid expansion packs to access. To edit virtual reality (VR) videos, for instance, you’ll need to invest in 360-degree packs that come equipped with cutting-edge VR effects.
It’s worth noting that similar expansion packs exist for each of the features, and there are often more than a dozen of them.
• Occasional crashes occur, especially when using Alien Respawn or Dell Backup & Recovery. Developers are, however, aware of the issue and working to fix it.
• Decoding times for Cineform and ProRes files appear longer than those for H.264-encoded files.
• It is 64-bit only, thus it won’t work on 32-bit versions of Windows or macOS.
• To play.mov files, QuickTime is required.
HitFilm Express System Requirements
Hitfilm Express is a popular choice amongst professional video editors due to its high quality, professional-grade functionality, and free price tag.
Even though there are many Hitfilm Express reviews available online, one question that is posed by every new user is whether or not Hitfilm Express is compatible with their PC.
If you’re in this group, you’ve come to the right place for the Hitfilm Express System Requirements you need to know if the program will operate smoothly on your computer.
Here are the system requirements to run HitFilm Express software:
- Mac OS 11.0 “Big Sur,” macOS 10.15 “Catalina,” or macOS 10.14 “Mojave” from Apple.
- PCs: Microsoft’s Windows 10 (64-bit)
- Online activation necessitates a web connection.
- CPU: Intel® CoreTM i5 (6th Gen 2015), AMD Ryzen 5 (2017)
- RAM: 8GB (16GB Recommended)
- The recommended minimum video memory for a graphics card is 2 GB (4GB or more and NVIDIA or AMD card is required for 8K UHD)
- Graphics Cards from NVIDIA’s GeForce GTX 10 Series (2016)
- This includes the AMD Radeon RX 400 family of graphics cards (2016)
- Intel HD Graphics 620 (2016)
HitFilm Express Free VS Paid (Comparison)
There is a free version called HitFilm Express, and a paid version called HitFilm Pro that costs $299. Freemium software often offers a stripped-down version of a paid service as an alternative.
Different optional items that are built into the premium version are available for purchase in the Express version. More than a hundred of them exist. If you’re considering buying more than a couple of these, you should probably go with a Pro version, which costs between $9.99 and $49.99.
The trial period of the paid version is unlimited, but the free version does not allow for proper video export. Both Express and Pro can coexist in a single installation, and their users will find that their respective functions are largely identical.
While the Pro version isn’t the cheapest tool, it’s likely to be well worth the cost if you’re planning on generating professional-quality videos. Of course, if you’re trying to save money right now, you can begin with the free edition and upgrade later if you outgrow its features.
The 5 Amazing Alternatives To HitFilm Express (Exposed)
If this video editing software doesn’t fit your needs. Here are some of the amazing alternatives to HitFilm Express that you should consider:
1. Wondershare DemoCreator
Wondershare The most popular option for HitFilm Express is DemoCreator. The software is easy to learn and considerably cheaper than HitFilm Express.
In addition, DemoCreator’s free version provides access to far more powerful video editing tools than HitFilm Express’s free offering does, including transitions, green screen, and other incredible editing options.
It’s a simple program that may be used to make instructional videos, demos, and presentations. Captions, Banners, Overlays, Arrows, and More are just some of the Annotation choices available in DemoCreator.
Add some vibrant stickers to your film to make it more engaging and drive home your message more effectively. You may add some flair to your recording with DemoCreator’s simple editing tools.
- You can easily submit facts to your team or show off a product to potential buyers by recording presentations and narrating them.
- Make online courses or training films for use in blended and flipped classrooms, as well as for student projects and teacher professional development.
- Video Guides: Looking to hone your storytelling skills? Use Wondershare DemoCreator for PC to record your screen or webcam and share your knowledge, experiences, and more with others.
- Game recording — Document a memorable gaming moment, provide commentary and reviews and broadcast it to the globe.
It works just as well as the hitfilm express editing instruction, if not better. Shoot with any camera, from a smartphone to a professional video camera, and Filmora will help you make the best possible video.
There are many obstacles that can arise while editing a video, but these will only teach you to do things slowly and be patient.
To create several video file types with ease, it is the ideal video editing platform for novices. The video editor is among the most popular options because of its straightforward interface and robust set of editing tools.
- Users can now edit and export videos in 4K resolution thanks to the 4K editing support feature.
- Users may easily merge different media files, such as video clips, still photographs, and music tracks, and add their own custom soundtracks without worrying about licensing fees.
- Some of Wondershare Filmora’s most notable capabilities include 4K video editing, GIF compatibility, noise reduction, color tuning, an advanced text editor, an audio mixer, video stabilization, scene detection, and audio equalization.
- GIF files can be imported, edited, and exported thanks to the GIF support function. With the noise-canceling function, you may quickly and easily get rid of any distracting ambient sounds.
- Users can change the clip’s white balance and dynamic range with the color tuning tool. The audio mixer function lets you customize the sound for each individual track.
- You can change the text’s color, size, and font, and even animate it in the sophisticated text editor. The webcam and the computer screen can both be recorded with the screen recording feature.
- The capability of stabilizing videos ensures that shaking is not an issue in the final product.
PowerDirector is more all-inclusive in its approach. Therefore, it is powerful video editing software, complete with all the features and tools necessary to produce high-quality videos. To top it all off, it’s a lot easier to pick up and operate than HitFilm, making it a better option for newcomers.
PowerDirector also includes a screen recorder with streaming capabilities, a wide library of transitions, effects, and titles, and an in-built intro designer with thousands of themes. PowerDirector is unparalleled in terms of how quickly you can make videos using it.
- Powerful timeline creation tools
- An arsenal of video-editing add-ons
- Large collections of artistic resources
- Access to a wide range of visual effects tools
4. Final Cut Pro
Final Cut Pro is the superior choice to HitFilm Express for serious Mac users. This is the best video editing software for handling huge, 4K+ projects, and it works flawlessly on Apple computers.
In particular, when dealing with Apple silicon. For iPhone 13 footage shot in Cinematic mode, you may also use it to control the depth of field.
If you’re familiar with how Final Cut Pro’s Magnetic Timeline works, you can put together projects quite quickly. Using Compound Segments, for instance, you can combine multiple video and audio clips into a single, portable file.
Alternatively, you can set up Auditions to test out alternative versions. You may have titles and effects automatically follow your motions thanks to the machine learning features that can recognize faces and objects.
In addition to a comprehensive suite of motion graphics and visual effects capabilities, 3D virtual reality content creation is now supported.
- The Smart Video Analyzer
- It’s possible to create 360-degree videos and view them using a VR headset.
- Support for multiple cameras
- Collections that Learn from Their Past
5. DaVinci Resolve
For Windows users in the industry, we recommend DaVinci Resolve as the ideal alternative to HitFilm Express since it has all the features necessary to complete the post-production process for a high-quality TV show or film.
DaVinci Resolve has the ability to edit, apply visual effects, color correct, and edit audio. Features like motion graphics and color correction make it stand out. When it comes to professional-quality productions, this video editor’s color grading capabilities much outshine those of its competitors.
The biggest problem with this software is that it is neither user-friendly for newcomers or as intuitive as Hitfilm Express, despite all its impressive capabilities. Therefore, this is not the best tool for those who are just getting started with video editing.
- Color adjustment
- Imagery and CGI
- Animation and sound editing
For more in-depth information check out our DaVinci Resolve Software Review
When it comes to free video editing programs, HitFilm Express is without equal. It’s simple to use and the editing tools are intuitive, so even beginners can pick it up quickly.
Guaranteeing that both inexperienced and seasoned video editors have access to the capabilities they need for a wide variety of projects is a robust collection of core functions supported by an interesting — and useful — choice of complex options. Finding your way around the program’s rich feature set may require consulting the included tutorials and user guide.
HitFilm Express is a one-stop shop for making high-quality videos that look like they came from an amateur production studio. Your videos will have a professional look thanks to the compositing layers and effects that you can adjust. Every benefit, with zero out-of-pocket expense.
Thus, the hitfilm express editor may have relied on upon without question if you want to learn everything there is to know about video editing without spending a dime. However, the interface is ultimately straightforward and simple to use.
Upon opening HitFilm Express, the majority of users should be able to quickly complete a basic project, while more experienced users may discover that the program’s features alone spark their imagination.
Does HitFilm have a watermark?
Well, the watermark will be applied if you are using HitFilm Express with an effect that is part of an add-on pack that you have not purchased. If you don’t pay, HitFilm will not stamp the final product with its logo.
Is HitFilm Express still free?
There are optional paid add-ons, but using the core program is free. It’s possible to create high-quality movies and games with expert visual effects with a free video editing program. Anyone, from students and novices to gamers and YouTubers, can hone their skills without shelling out any cash.
Is HitFilm Express good for YouTube?
HitFilm Free is widely considered to be the greatest totally free video editor for making professional-quality videos on YouTube. It has all the tools you need to edit your video, so you can finish the project quickly and easily no matter your level of expertise. Additionally, an adaptive trimmer and composite shot enhancers are included.
Is HitFilm safe?
There are currently over 5 million users of HitFilm Express in over 160 different countries, making it a reliable and trustworthy piece of software. If you’re open to trying out a new platform, this one offers a wealth of opportunities to learn the ins and outs of video editing.
Does HitFilm Express support 4K?
HitFilm’s ability to work with your GPU’s video RAM determines the maximum project resolution you can use. Up to 4K UHD is supported by HitFilm Express. The highest resolution that is compatible with HitFilm Pro is 8K.
What files does HitFilm support?
HitFilm Pro is capable of working with a broad variety of video and audio formats, including AVC/H. 264, MPEG-4 Part 2, MPEG-1/2, DV, and DVCPRO, as well as AAC, AMR, PCM, WMA, MPEG, and Dolby Digital (AC-3).
Can HitFilm use a green screen?
HitFilm provides you with three main effects to choose from when removing the green screen from your videos. The most elementary and accessible effect is the Color Difference Key. All editions of HitFilm provide a middle-ground option called Hue & RGB Key.